Sunday, August 03, 2008

Writer's Block

Sunday morning. Back porch. Cup of coffee. Doesn't get much better than this.

One of the reasons I got back to blogging was out of a desire to do more writing...but alas...I've been struggling with writer's block...combined with a little bit of busyness. And while I have a vacation coming up soon (and will be out of touch with the Internet world), I really do hope to get a little more active on here.

For one, I have a stack of music that I need to talk about. Some great CDs I need to review....some great local bands I need to talk up...and then there is the world of social networking. Recently I've been forced to spend more time thinking about online social networking, viral marketing, and the ways in which these tools can be used in our everyday lives, as well as in the business world. But more on that later...

Things I'm looking forward to in the next few months:
  • A new CD from U2 - I have a feeling it will be amazing. Also anticipating the new Dido CD, hoping she recaptures the energy of No Angel.
  • The Local Music Scene - Lancaster's got it going on with several bands poised to kick it up a notch (to borrow a phrase). I think a lot of good things will be happening in the next year.
  • The Emergence of York - York, PA gets a bad rap, but there is a group of folks over there looking to revitalize the downtown area and energize the culture and entertainment of the area. It might take time, but I think they will be successful.
  • Baseball in September...and hopefully in October. Phils are back in first place but the division is tight. Gonna be an interesting race down the stretch!
  • Football season - I always go into the season with high hopes for the Eagles. 'Nuff said.
  • The Media Implosion - I have to admit, I love watching the big boys squirm. Commercial radio giants. Major labels. Corporate culture. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Viva la Indie!

And just to give you something interesting to check out...


In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan, armed with a reel-to-reel tape deck, snuck into John Lennon’s hotel room in Toronto and convinced John to do an interview about peace. 38 years later, Jerry has produced a film about it. Using the original interview recording as the soundtrack, director Josh Raskin has woven a visual narrative which tenderly romances Lennon’s every word in a cascading flood of multipronged animation. Raskin marries the terrifyingly genius pen work of James Braithwaite with masterful digital illustration by Alex Kurina, resulting in a spell-binding vessel for Lennon’s boundless wit, and timeless message.

No comments: