Today is Music Friday in Lancaster and my family and I will be hanging out at Building Character on the 300 Block of North Queen Street, checking out the music of Katie Becker and Trash & Glory. Hope to see you there.
And since I'm bringing back the Weekend Music Game, let's look forward to summer. All of the big summer festivals are announcing their lineups. So I thought we could do our own festivals. Put your music player on shuffle/random and play the first ten songs...no skipping. Jot 'em down for us here and let us know what your personal summer festival would be like.
So now, here's the lineup for my Porch-a-palooza 2009.
1. R.E.M. performing "It's the End of the World as We Know It" on the Aging, but still very Hip, Rockers Stage.
2. Bruce Cockburn performing "Wondering Where the Lions Are" on the Straight from Canada, eh? Stage.
3. Mark Heard performing "It's Not Your Fault" on the Gone, but Defnitely Not Forgotten Stage.
4. Chatterbox performing "Fallen" on the Industrial Porch Stage.
5. Brandston performing "Breaking Ground" on the Back When Emo Didn't Suck Stage.
6. Eric Clapton performing "Let it Rain" on the Guitar Hero Stage.
7. Fleming & John performing "Don't Let it Fade Away" on the UberCool Married Couples Stage
8. Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash performing "Careless Love" on the Dead & Alive Stage
9. The Dingees performing "The World's Last Night" on Where Did All the Cool Punkers Go? Stage
10. Starflyer 59 performing "No New Kinda Story" on the Gaze at Your Shoes Stage
And ten more performers who MIGHT make surprise appearances:
The Lassie Foundation
The Vigilantes of Love
The Fire Theft
The Promise Ring
Alright. Now it's your turn. If your music player programmed a festival for you, who would be performing?
Brew News – February 2017 Edition
15 hours ago