So put your music player on random/shuffle and give us the first five or ten songs you have that might be, even remotely, danceable. And this time you can skip until you find good ones. So let us know which tunes make up your personal funky dance party...
Here's my list:
1. The Alpha Band - You Angel You - T-Bone Burnett and the boys with their semi-funky, rockabilly version of the Dylan tune. I could definitely move to this one...
2. Umbrellas - Again and Again - definitely a funky beat with a touch of 80s techno/new wave flavor. Begins with the lyrics, "So where's the piano, and the big bass drum? And the clashing of cymbals?" Didn't even know I had this song on my MP3 player.
3. Further Seems Forever - The Bradley - I guess you could dance to this, kind of a shuffle and mosh tune. Yeah, close your eyes and bob your head a little. This is Chris Carrabba era FSF.
4. The Police - Driven to Tears - Another danceable tune, but this time maybe we do the Pogo.
5. The Clash - Guns of Brixton - The Clash always had an element of funk in their earlier music. This is a slow, smokin', reggae groove. It would be fun to dance to this one in a room full of people.
6. Over the Rhine - Daddy Untwisted - From my favorite OTR album, Eve. This is just about the only OTR album that actually rocks out and funks out. A quite funky choice!
7. 16 Horsepower - Hang My Teeth on Your Door - Well, this switches it up a bit...maybe a clog dance? A reel? Definitely something 19th century.
8. Van Morrison - Domino - Yeah, there's a touch of funk here. Definitely a danceable tune. I think a lot of Van's stuff would be good for groovin'.
9. The Clash - Hitsville U.K. - More Clash! This one from Sandinista. Ellen Foley joins the band on this tune in a bit of an homage to Motown. A nice choice for this list.
10. Duraluxe - Please Be Cool - Some laid back indie rock for some laid back indie rock club dancing. Works for me!