Thursday, October 23, 2008

Of Music and Baseball

Well, first and foremost, the Phillies pulled out a nice win last night, 3-2 over the Rays. It wasn't pretty, but in the end that doesn't matter. A key win on the road.

Secondly, the 885 Essential XPN Songs Countdown is in its final hours, as is the fall fund drive on WXPN. I have really enjoyed the countdown. So far, I think only four of my songs have been played so far. Here's my list:

1. The Swell Season - Falling Slowly (not played yet, but I'm almost certain it will show up)

2. Van Morrison - Into the Mystic (not played yet, but 5 other Van Morrison songs have showed up)

3. Bruce Springsteen - Radio Nowhere (#365 on the list)

4. The Clash - The Magnificent Seven (#618 on the list)

5. Death Cab for Cutie - I will Possess Your Heart (not played yet, but again, I'm pretty sure this will show up.)

6. Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher (#265 on the list)

7. B.B. King - Riding with the King (not played yet, and I doubt it will show up)

8. U2 - I Will Follow (not played yet, but 8 other U2 songs were on the list. Probably won't be in the top 50...but ya never know!)

9. Nick Drake - Pink Moon (#75 on the list)

10. Andy Pratt - Avenging Annie (nope. not played...and I doubt it will be played now)

You can access the entire list on the 885 Countdown Page of the XPN Site.

What are your thoughts on the countdown? I've heard so many positive comments from friends and listeners. And by the way, if you are a fan of XPN, and you are on Facebook, why not become a fan of our new XPN Page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to be mentioned....
"Avenging" Andy Pratt

http://andyprattmusic.tripod.com

http://www2.xlibris.com/bookstore/bookdisplay.asp?bookid=36742

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Pratt_(singer-songwriter)