Monday, October 27, 2008

Pinch Me Now: Phillies in the World Series!


Those of you who follow me on Facebook or Twitter, or even on here, might be of the opinion that I'm a little too Phillies-obsessed. That I eat, breathe, and sleep the Phillies. Well, you'd be right and wrong at the same time. I love my Phillies. They're a beloved group of lunkheads. No real overpaid ego-maniacal superstar prima donnas. Just a bunch of guys who really seem to have fun playing the game. But I'm much more well rounded than just some beer-swilling sports junkie (in fact, I don't even drink. At all.) This is a team of somewhat regular guys. Every game there is a different hero. What's not to love about these guys?


But you have to understand...this World Series is a long time coming. The last time we were in the series was 1993. 15 years ago. And we lost (read: Wild Thing). The last time we won was 1980. 28 years ago. So you'll have to allow me my excitement. I'll rant and rave about the Phillies until the Series is over, hopefully tonight! I'll continue to wear my Phillies gear, along with my lucky moose pants (more on that some other time). But once the Series is over I'll get on with the rest of my life.


So Let's Go Phils! Bring us home a championship!


np: McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now


No comments: