Put your MP3 player or other music device/software on shuffle/random and play the first ten songs, without skipping any of them. Then relate each song, in order, to the following list:
Song #1: Your Mom
Song #2: Your Dad
Song #3: A sibling
Song #4: Your spouse (or potential future spouse)
Song #5: Your boss
Song #6: Your pet
Song #7: Next door neighbor
Song #8: Teacher you hated most growing up
Song #9: Best friend
Song #1o: Children (or future/potential children)
They won't all fit, but occasionally you'll get something that is dead on...or even funny...or both!
Alright then, here goes my list:
1. My Mom - "So Much Trouble" by Matt Pond PA - haha. Hope she doesn't read this...but the lines "You're in so much trouble, can't hide in your covers" is something I'm sure she told me as a kid.
2. My Dad - "Above a Whisper" by Andy Zipf - well, he did have a booming voice.
3. Sibling - "Rainmaker" by John Austin - hmmm. not sure what that means...
4. My Wife - "Listen" by Dignan. Oh, you better believe I listen to her!
5. My Boss - "Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash. Ha, pretty funny, but...no. I've never worked for anyone like the guy in the song.
6. My Pet - "Hammer and Nails" by Mark Heard. Oh, I'd like to take a hammer and nails to him some times...
7. Neighbor - "Epignosis" by Chatterbox. Had to look this one up. Apparently it's the Greek word for "full knowledge or discernment." Still doesn't really apply...
8. Least favorite teacher - "Sweeter Than Me" by Aaron Sprinkle. I don't think so...
9. Best Friend - "The Joke is Over" by Damien Jurado. Well, I guess best friends share a lot of jokes. The line "Laughing with you, not at you" should apply, but I think my friends do their fair share of laughing AT me.
10. My Children - "Snowbirds and Townies" by Further Seems Forever. Ha. I have no clue what that means in terms of my kids...but ok.
Well, a few of those were OK I guess. Now it's your turn...