Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Short List gets shorter

Awhile back I mentioned the Short List of Music and the sixty nominees who were up for this year's prize. Well, last week the list was shortened to an actual "short list" of ten finalists. Those who are being considered for this award, which will be given out in May are:

Band of Horses
Beirut
Bonnie Prince Billy (Will Oldham)
Cat Power
Girl Talk
Hot Chip
Joanna Newsom
Regina Spektor
Spank Rock
Tom Waits

An interesting and eclectic list and if I were a betting man I would put my money either on Regina Spektor, or the veteran Tom Waits. Band of Horses and Hot Chip are also nice picks, as is folkie Joanna Newsom.

I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed in the elimination of Mute Math, Midlake, Jeremy Enigk, and yes, even Danielson.

Give all the finalists a listen and let me know who you like the most and who you think will win. I'll let you know when the winner is announced.

No comments: